BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 4, 2009

Today ....

Today was amazing. Church was very good. A lot of the verses read and the songs we sang really related to things I've been thinking about recently. I'm amazed by how God works.

Then, we had our little 'casting call' for the movie. It went really well. Everyone did much better than I was expecting. So well, that I'm sad I have to say no to some of the guys. So, if you auditioned today, know that each of you were really good and you have made it really hard for me(and I'm sure the other members too). Great job =D

After the auditions, Bethany gave me a very cool gift. I love it Bethany ;) But now I feel bad. A lot of my friends gave me a Christmas gift, or at least a card....but I didn't get anyone anything. :( Well, I guess there's always next Christmas...

Oh, then we went out to eat. Eating is always fun =P

And now I'm sitting at home. I probably won't have the movie out of my mind for the rest of the day. And I feel a sudden urge to go do something artsy. Maybe I'll go play guitar or piano.... Or better yet, I'll do both. =D

Have an awesome day my friends =D

13 comments:

Mark Hartwick said...

Haha wow I felt like my audition was awful. Although since it was outside of the environment the scene would actually be set in, it was kinda harder to act. But even still...

morgan joy said...

haha, "something artsy"...
that made me smile! i'm glad the audition went well! mark, im sure you did great, lol.

Anonymous said...

I actually thought you did really well, Mark . . . obviously no one said their lines perfectly or anything. Like Emily said, everyone did such great jobs it'll be hard determining who gets the parts!

Emily said...

oh, mark! you most definitely did a very good job. Really, I'm serious.

But, I don't want to go into any more detail than that for anyone because I want to be uhhh 'professional' I guess ;)

Mark Hartwick said...

Haha thanks, now I can finally stop spending hours upon hours going over the lines and visualizing my audition. :)

Wesley said...

Truth be told, I thought everyone did well, too... Everyone did pretty well... from what I could hear, haha.

Yes, the message was very good... I seriously need to learn how to take notes well...

Emily said...

you did real good too Wes :)

Mr. Lechner is one of my favorites to have preach. God has blessed him with incredible wisdom beyond his years.

I do too. Truthfully, I never take notes, although I've been meaning to start. I think that part of the reason why I don't is because I can never make any sense of my notes. There's another resolution, haha.

Mark Hartwick said...

I could never take good notes by writing cause my hand would always cramp up because I would try to write too much too fast. After a while I just started bulleting the main points.

Joe is definitely one of my favorite preachers as well. I don't know if you all have noticed this, but out of all the preachers I've heard Joe is the quickest talker, by which I mean he says way more words in his entire sermon than any other preacher I've heard.

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have heard Joe today! Of course, I always love spending time with the three-year-olds . . . but from what I heard, the message was amazing today. I'm going to download it sometime. :-)

As for taking notes, I started a few months ago. I was noticing how I would really like a sermon, then forget entirely about the application that week. Taking notes has definitely helped that, though I know what you mean about a cramped hand, Mark! :-) It's not too hard, though . . .

Emily said...

Exactly. I always go into too much detail and I can never keep up. I should try bullets.

Yeah, I have noticed that. Another thing, that I notice about him is that he keeps my attention the most. It could be because he is more fast moving and I think that grasps my attention. I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe he just preaches the way I think.

Emily said...

yeah, I notice when I take notes it helps be to focus more. Too often I find myself daydreaming during a sermon and not necessarily because it's boring....I seriously think I'm slightly ADD or something because I have a really hard time concentrating sometimes. It's frustrating...

Aly said...

What kind of movie are you doing? Just wondering...

Emily said...

It's a Christian Disappearance Mystery called 'Remember Me: The Movie'.

Here is the site: www.remembermethemovie.webs.com