BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 5, 2009

I'm afraid I've turned into a goat

Sorry, I had to come up with an interesting title for this post.

Today I did school for the first time in 20 days. I'm so joyous right now because I got it all done really quickly, when I was expecting this to be a very long day.

*insert something funny, enjoyable and interesting here*

Oh, here is a interesting verse I was reading today:

Romans 7:14-25 and 8:1

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. 1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,


I feel like recently, all I've wanted to talk about is Jesus. I feel that even in the past week or two God has really been igniting a fire and passion for Him with in me and I LOVE it. All I feel like doing is talking about Him, writing about Him and reading the Bible. I don't want this feeling to go away. I love being so in love with God.

Oh, and to everyone who was interested, the Bible study is still in the works! I'm just having to go through a lot of people to get there. I hope to have more news on it within a week or two.

And, if this is boring to you, I'm sorry.

6 comments:

Gary Wood said...

He will give him perfect peace whose mind is steadfast on Him. Isaiah 26:3

I think God is very happy with you.

Wesley said...

I know what you're talking about, Emily. The past week anyway, I've been thinking primarily about God. It's an amazing feeling to be in love with God. He has done so much for us, all we can do is wonder.

I can't wait for the Bible study!!!! =D

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting... and not boring at all. I love the Bible...

Emily said...

Yes, Wesley, exactly. I think God has really been using you all, my dear friends, to create this love for Him.

I can't either. I hope the pastors 'ok' it!!

Emily said...

that's wonderful, Em! I'm so glad you love Jesus. :)

morgan joy said...

thats amazing reading about how you feel like that!! i'm so glad you have such a passion for Him! and yeah, this wasn't boring at all! i love hearing/reading Bible verses, lol