BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 15, 2009

Prayer......

So. I was thinking. How seriously do we take prayer? When we tell someone we are praying for them; do we always do so?

I know for myself, I'm very quick to tell a whole lot of people that I will be praying for them. Most often times I do pray for them.

But, sometimes I think I take prayer too lightly. Once in a while, I have found myself remembering after the fact that I told someone I would pray for them, then I did not. Or, I'll remember it at some random moment and say a quick prayer for them. But not be praying really....'meaningfully' and consistently.....

Well, this bothers me. When I tell someone I'm praying for them, I want to mean that and do so wholeheartedly, consistently and very intentionally. So, I'm praying God will help me to grow in this area this year. And I think it'll take a little effort of myself too.

So, yeah....that's all :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to me a lot. I'll tell someone I'll pray for them and then I forget until like the day that thing is happening so I say a quick prayer in the middle of doing school...

Mark Hartwick said...

I'm exactly the same way.

Wow, I really need to work on that...

Wesley said...

I'm the same way as everyone else. One thing that my mom does is write down prayer requests so she doesn't forget... I could definitely learn from that.

Matt said...

i see what you're saying. a lot of times i'll say 'i'm praying' and i'll say a quick prayer right then and there, and then i forget. it's really sad.