BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 30, 2009

He commanded us......

Matthew 22:37-38

37
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

I do =)

He's magnificent, wonderful, awesome and amazing. He's so faithful and loving.

I seriously do not know how someone can live with out Him. I can not imagine not having God as my hope and purpose. Really, what would my purpose be then? Love, money, fame? I don't know. But I'm sure I'd be a wreck.

To think that He died for ME. Me, wretched me. Sinner me. He, being absolutely perfect bared the sins of all of us. I bet that was even harder for Him than having nails driven into His hands. And that in it's self is horrible. But the pain and weight of the whole world's sin and being shunned from His Father. I can't imagine. But He loves me that much. That can almost make me cry if I ponder it long enough. Wow. Really, think about it.

Oh God I adore You
I long to grow closer to You
Please hold me, God
And never let me go

'Cuz I'm far from perfect
And full of sin
Yet You still loved me
And pulled me in

I adore You
I need You
I love You
I want to

Every time I go to pray
I'm not quite sure what to say
I can't contain my feelings Lord
So I just have to sing it more

I adore You
I need You
I love You
I want You

God please hear me
As I sing
Praise and honor
For my King!

3 comments:

burningDESIRE said...

I agree!! to everything! :) He is so amazing!

Please check out my site sometime if you want to. I'm eager to see what more you have to offer in the future!

God bless!

Cara said...

Neat post Emily!

Emily said...

Thank you =D