BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

April 28, 2009

Exciting

So, I don't really feel like explaining my job. If someone was really interested, I can talk about it and what I do :-) But, for some reason, I don't think that will be very interesting for you all. Anyhow though, related to work, I do want to talk about one thing.

Not long ago, in care group, I was talking about how it's not that I don't try to witness...I just don't really get in many situations that allow me to do so. Being homeschooled, having Christian neighbors, all the classes I take are with Christians, all my friends are from church(mostly), etc. Well, now I can say that I have a good opportunity! I know that the couple I work for is not Christian. Not saying this as though I'm judging their hearts, but she came right out and asked me about my church and all and she told me she doesn't like an 'organized religion' and has met too many hypocrites, so she doesn't really do the 'church thing'. Well, anyways, I'm excited because I'm really hoping I can be a light to them. Or at least I'm hoping God will find a way to use me.

I feel like it's sort of an answer to prayer(as was my job) and a great opportunity to do a 'hard thing'. I think it's awesome how God works!

That's all...I'm just excited about that =D Whether anyone else is...

6 comments:

Emily said...

that's so cool! :) i still don't really have any opportunity to witness, so i'm happy that you get to! i'll be praying for you.

Matt said...

I didn't know you had a job...well that's awesome. Praying for you too.
and them.

Emily said...

Thanks Em and Matt. And yes Matt, I do have a 'real' job now ^_^

Matt said...

Is that what the whole thing about Lester was about? haha. I never quite understood what was going on with that.
But why didn't you post when you got the job??

Emily said...

Yep. Lester is the 'farm hand' that works for them.

I did post about it: http://iadoresharpies.blogspot.com/2009/04/where-to-start.html

At the very end ;)

Matt said...

oh okay.

oh yeah! I never read the whole thing of that one for some reason...haha. I started to but got interrupted.
well anyway, congrats!