BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

April 5, 2009

Captivated

video

Abby did an incredible job last night on this song. She sang beautifully and is amazing on the piano...especially for one who's only been playing for a little over a year! She's truly gifted. [she is going to hate that I posted about her, lol]

Anyhow, since I loved it so much, I decided to post the lyrics and the video of her. I hadn't heard this song ever until last night. But I really love these lyrics. This is my prayer for my life....

Captivated
by: Vicky Beeching

Your laughter it echoes like a joyous thunder
Your whisper it warms me like a summer breeze
Your anger is fiercer than the sun in its splendour
You’re close and yet full of mystery
Ever since the day that I saw Your face
Try as I may, I cannot look away, I cannot look away…

Captivated by You
I am captivated by You
May my life be one unbroken gaze
Fixed upon the beauty of Your face

Beholding is becoming, so as You fill my gaze
I become more like You and my heart is changed
Beholding is becoming, so as You fill my view
Transform me into the likeness of You


This is what I ask, for all my days
That I may, never look away, never look away…
Captivated by You
I am captivated by You
May my life be one unbroken gaze
Fixed upon the beauty of Your face

This is what I ask, for all my days
That I may, never look away, never look away…
No other could ever be as beautiful
No other could ever steal my heart away
I just can’t look away…

7 comments:

Morgan said...

that was soooooo good!!!!

Christianne said...

she was AMAZING!!!

Matt said...

she was BEYOND amazing. I mean, Nathan and I and Adam gave her a well-deserved standing ovation.

Aly said...

Wow! She did a gret job!

Wesley said...

She really did do a great job =) It was flawless.

Emily Joy said...

It's so cool to me to see someone so young like that singing her heart out to the Lord. Yes Matt, she deserved that =)

Emily S. said...

Abby is an amazing singer! i really almost cried, because the song was so beautiful. (don't tell her that :P )